Words can not express when your doctor tells you, "You are positive for breast cancer." Your whole world has changed at that moment and all of the emotions come into play. The struggle is REAL, Day by day, moment to moment. Cancer will not defeat me!
Sick all week from chemo3
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
-
I'm trying.......I did find myself really mad this week. Hopefully next week will be better.
Hum, can't quite get my head wrapped around this.....So many feelings. It's real, I have Breast Cancer but you know what? We caught it early. I wanted to tell my parents but I wanted to spare them until I could find out for sure what I was dealing with, now its real. Today, I want to give a timeline of what happened.. September 20th - Mammogram - A mass was detected. Referred to my Doctor or immediate followup. September 24th - Happy Birthday to ME....53 September 27th - Vacation was cancelled and appointment was schedule with Dr. Evans, a General Surgeon. Suggested that I have a biopsy as soon as possible at Centerpoint Medical hospital. October 1st - Breast Cancer Awareness Month October 1st - Biopsy completed, 2nd mass was detected from Ultra Sound. Had a great doctor, Dr. Trann at Centerpoint Hospital. October 3rd- Got the news today and confirmed, I have Breast Cancer. Ok now what? I am so lucky to have my husband, Tim. He is truly m...
Always get nervous for my checks with Dr. Elia. I am sure things are good with me. Pain, well still have it, hopefully I can get off my cancer meds that causes it and my weight. It has been almost 5 years since. Seems like yesterday. You know what's weird? I am in the same room where I was told "you have cancer". I can't even wrap my head around that...all I heard is CANCER....thank God that Tim was with me. I struggle was definitely real and it continues to be my new normal. As hard as it is, facing it head on can be difficult. I am so blessed to have my family and friends for the endless support and prayers.
Today, we drove by the Cancer Center of Kansas City but they were closed. I was hoping that they were open to do a visit befor I go on Thursday. http://kccancercenter.com/ . I am a little nervous about going but have lots of support from my friends and family. Thank you all.