Words can not express when your doctor tells you, "You are positive for breast cancer." Your whole world has changed at that moment and all of the emotions come into play. The struggle is REAL, Day by day, moment to moment. Cancer will not defeat me!
Feeling better
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
-
Had about with nausa last couple of days. Couldn't figure why..Chemo last week. Zophran is good.
Hum, can't quite get my head wrapped around this.....So many feelings. It's real, I have Breast Cancer but you know what? We caught it early. I wanted to tell my parents but I wanted to spare them until I could find out for sure what I was dealing with, now its real. Today, I want to give a timeline of what happened.. September 20th - Mammogram - A mass was detected. Referred to my Doctor or immediate followup. September 24th - Happy Birthday to ME....53 September 27th - Vacation was cancelled and appointment was schedule with Dr. Evans, a General Surgeon. Suggested that I have a biopsy as soon as possible at Centerpoint Medical hospital. October 1st - Breast Cancer Awareness Month October 1st - Biopsy completed, 2nd mass was detected from Ultra Sound. Had a great doctor, Dr. Trann at Centerpoint Hospital. October 3rd- Got the news today and confirmed, I have Breast Cancer. Ok now what? I am so lucky to have my husband, Tim. He is truly m...
Always get nervous for my checks with Dr. Elia. I am sure things are good with me. Pain, well still have it, hopefully I can get off my cancer meds that causes it and my weight. It has been almost 5 years since. Seems like yesterday. You know what's weird? I am in the same room where I was told "you have cancer". I can't even wrap my head around that...all I heard is CANCER....thank God that Tim was with me. I struggle was definitely real and it continues to be my new normal. As hard as it is, facing it head on can be difficult. I am so blessed to have my family and friends for the endless support and prayers.
Feeling good. Still dealing with all over body pain (which is my new normal). I can't believe how far I've come. I don't really think about my cancer returning. It just seems like a bad dream really.